Monday, December 1, 2008

Quinntin Told Us Not To Get Sick . . .

. . . and the next day Parker woke up with a barking cough. For the last two weeks my family and I have been dealing with CROUP.
It all started off with us talking about the many times we've been to the hospital this year. Parker began the year with a hospitalization with RSV for two days. Then after diagnosis of pneumonia a ten day bout of antibiotics Kora was born. This one was my turn for the hospital stay.
We had a good few months there with only minor runny noses, bruised muscles and normal stuff. Then I was in instacare for a painful toe injury. Parker one-up'd me by breaking his arm a couple months later. Then Croup. Parker and Kora have been coughing and wheezing and lossing their voices over the last two weeks. Parker was the only one that had to spend one night in the Rapid Treament Unit for his breathing. We are all but recovered now but there is still one month left.
(Maybe Parker and I are ones that should focus on health)

2 comments:

Valeri Crockett said...

Wow! That is a load full of visits to the hospital and sicknesses. . .I am so sorry! We are trying not to get sick around here with our new baby coming anytime. This time of year is the worst. We are trying to avoid all sugar to see if that will keep our immune systems in full gear. Wish us luck! I hope you all start feeling better!
:) Val

Derrek & Rilee said...

It's about time I find some family on here! Thanks for the Christmas card. I can't wait to meet Kora and Parker.